Ashmita Trek & Tours, Darjeeling
This outfit is run by an enterprising young man - Subash Tamang. He has named his operation after his daughter. His office is located on Nehru Road that leads to Mall and next to Keventer's restaurant - a prime commercial location. It's a nicely done up office, quite cozy, and has great pictures of tours and treks which Subash has himself taken. You can also see the several award certificates on the walls.
Ashmita Trek & Tours is one of the best in Darjeeling area when it comes to trekking, day trips and sightseeing tours. They have excellent guides and a good network of professionals.
They also have cars of various makes in nice conditions and offer pickup & drop services from/to NJP station or Bagdogra airport, and also transfer services to nearby places like Gangtok, Kalimpong, Pelling etc. In April 2018, Ashmita Trek & Tours has been accorded the status of Recognized Tour Operator / Travel Agent by Department of Tourism, Govt. of West Bengal.
Office of Ashmita Trek & Tours, Darjeeling
Subash on the right
Here are the main offerings from Ashmita Trek & Tours:
Tours & Sightseeing
1) Darjeeling - Mirik day tour
2) Darjeeling - Kalimpong day tour
3) Darjeeling local sightseeing full day tour
4) Jeep/Land Rover Safari packages for Singalila, Sandakphu, Phalut
5) One day hiking tour that includes local culture, history and heritage sites.
6) Culture Discovery tours of Darjeeling & Sikkim (6 night 7 days)
7) Buddhist Monastery tours of Darjeeling & Sikkim (8 nights & 8 days)
8) East Sikkim Gangtok tour (can be customized)
9) West Sikkim Pelling tour (can be customized)
10) North Sikkim tours (Lachen, Lachung, Yumthang etc) - can be customized
11) Kathmandu Pokhara Tour in Nepal
12) Kathmandu valley tour in Nepal
13) Kathmandu, Chitwan and Lumbini Tours in Nepal
1) Singalila, Sandakphu and Phalut treks
2) Dzongri & Goechala treks in Sikkim
3) Singalia Uttaray trek in Sikkim
4) Everest Base Camp trek in Nepal
5) Kanchenjunga base camp trekking
6) Langtang Gosainkunda Helambu trekking in Nepal etc.
1) Pickup & drop services (NJP station/Bagdogra airport)
2) Transfer services to other places
3) Car makes include Innova, Xylo, Qualis, WagonR, Santro etc.
Ashmita Trek & Tours is a partner of Darjeeling Tourism Card
and offers attractive discounts to card holders in trek packages, tours and transports.
Address & Contact Info
Ashmita Trek & Tours
3A Nehru Road, Opposite Planters Club (near Keventers), Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101, India.
Address & Contacts
3A Nehru Road, Opposite Planters Club (near Keventer's), Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101, India.
Former Office - A Little Photo History
The original office of Ashmita Trek & Tours was located on Zakir Hussain Road, a lane that originated from the Chowrasta (Mall), and required 3-4 minute walk past the horse stable. Subash has grown his business over time with sheer quality and hard work. The result is his new office on Nehru road which is considered the most premier location in Darjeeling.
Earlier office of Ashmita Trek & Tours on Zakir Hussain Rd
(Operated until December 2015)
Original Address: 148 Dr.Zakir Hussian Road Near S.P Bunglow, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101, India
Subash Tamang at his earlier office
Share your experience or stories.