Off Road Adventure, Darjeeling
As the name of the company suggests, they are mainly into adventure sports & activities within Darjeeling district. The outfit is run by Sangay Sherpa. He is an adventure enthusiast and himself had undertaken training at Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (HMI) in Darjeeling. Most of his trekking guides are also trained at HMI. They are the first to introduce many adventure activities in Darjeeling including Paragliding, Hit Air Balloon, Zorbing etc.
Office of Offroad Adventure, Darjeeling
Here are the main offerings from Offroad Adventure:
Takes off from a higher elevation near St Pauls School at Jalapahar and lands at Lebong race course area. They will provide you a guide (tandem paragliding).
Launched from Jamuney, a place which is about 45 minutes from Darjeeling town. They have 3 balloons. Needs minimum 15 people in one. X operation closed.
This is usually done at Teesta river (1.5 hours from Darjeeling). They offer complete packages including transfer, lunch, gears etc.
Several camping packages are offered. High Altitude Camping is usually done in places like Tonglu (10,130ft) which is combined with a trek. Other camp sites in Darjeeling includes Tiger Hill.
5) They also offer camping in combination with rafting & kayaking on river banks to have intimate experience with nature. Teesta rafting and camping takes place at Triveni (the confluence of rivers Teesta and Rangeet) in natural surroundings of dense forest and by the river bank.
Packages include transfers, meals, guides, instructions, camping gears etc. They do couple of additional activities during Rafting with Camping in Triveni which no one else offers - Cliff Jumping (one jumps from a rock to river), Body Surfing (one will jump in water and float with raft boat)
It takes place on Ramman river or Chota Rangeet at Singla (which is about 25 kms from Darjeeling). They offer complete packages.
6) Mountain Biking
They offer both day biking trips (covering rural villages and monasteries in Darjeeling) and also Darjeeling to Sikkim mountain biking trips. Packages are all-inclusive including guides.
7) Rock Climbing
Day rock climbing trips are offered for both amateurs and climbing professionals. The usual rock climbing site is Tenzing Rock
. It includes activities like Rappelling/Chimney Climbing, applying Rope Knots etc. The day trip includes lunch, guide, instructions, equipment, transfers etc.
You will be secured inside a large transparent plastic ball which will then be rolled on the ground.
9) Renting mountain bikes and motor bikes (they have 4 Bullet Bikes and 2 Pulsar 220) on daily rates.
10) Renting of trek and adventure equipment and gears.
Offroad Adventure also has certified trekking professionals and conduct some great treks as follows:
1) Sandakphu & Phalut Trek (Singalila, Darjeeling)
2) Dzongri and Goechala treks in Sikkim
3) Green Lake trek - a challenging trek to an altitude of 16,190 ft in Sikkim
4) Kasturi Goechala round trek
5) Rathong Glacier - Kanchenjunga base camp trek
6) They also conduct several treks in Ladakh and Himachal Pradesh.
They also conduct expeditions (mostly in North and west Sikkim areas) which includes Brumkhangse, Frey Peak, Mt. Jopuno, Mt Tenzing Khang etc.
Location: Off Road Adventure, H.D Lama Road, Near Vodafone Office, Darjeeling.
Phone : (+91) 9832054944, 9832756130
Earlier Office of Offroad Adventure, below Ajit Manaion,
Near Chowrasta (Mall), Darjeeling
Share your experience.